Multi Let Investments – Student Accommodation Boom
Many of our properties are aimed at areas of student accommodation. The reasons behind this are as follows;
• Over the last 3 years university income has increased by 70% in other words the fees have gone up three times the amount they were three years ago.
• Salford University, for example have increased their total tuition fees by over £90million per year.
• With this extra profit the universities are expanding their campus facilities, lecture rooms and laboratories etc to accommodate the vast increase in student population.
• All students move into private accommodation second year onwards.
• The accommodation fees start at around £120 per week per room inclusive in first year halls.
• Investment companies are charging in excess of £50,000 for a student pod in commercial accommodation units. This is generally a lease with a buy back clause making it un-mortgageable therefore cash purchases only .
• In North West areas we can source, design, project manage and fully tenant student rooms within the university village area for less than £30,000 per unit. Between 3 and 5 bedroom units per property plus a communal area & shared kitchen. These are built to an extremely high standard and include, WIFI, fire doors, smoke alarms, furniture & all necessary guarantees and licenses.
• These are built in large, refurbished terraced house and offer absolute title to the owner.
• The yield for these pods is in excess of 20% per annum.
• The growth in these areas can be year on year fairly dramatic. Initially, because the change of use from private residential to commercial student lets.
• The demand in these areas is exceptionally high. This can be researched on such things like spareroom.com, rightmove and local lettings agents.
• ON COMPLETION OR AT ANY TIME THEREAFTER YOU HAVE THE OPTION VIA OUR LAND REGISTRY SERVICE TO CREATE AND SELL SHORT TERM LEASES ON ONE OR MORE OF THE PODS TO CAPITALISE YOUR INVESTMENT.
Over the last 3 years university income has increased by 70%
All students move into private accomodation second year onwards
Universities are expanding facilities to accommodate new students
The accommodation fees are around £120 per week per room inc.
These are built-in large, terraced house and offer absolute title to the owner
The yield for these pods is in ecxess of 20% per annum.
The growth in these areas can be year on year fairly dramatic
Agents that specialise in student lets